This dessert was made the other day at a family gathering and it was a big hit! It’s simple to whip up and quite impressive as a dessert to bring to a gathering. You can find different adaptations of the recipe all over the internet, but here is how we do our churro cheesecake recipe!
- 2 Cans Crescent Rolls
- 16 oz Cream Cheese (2 Blocks)
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Cup Sugar, Divided
- 2 Tbsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1 Egg, Slightly Beaten
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, F
- Using a spoon or a hand mixer, blend cream cheese, vanilla, egg, and ½ cup sugar.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the remainder of the sugar and the cinnamon and set aside.
- Sprinkle half of the sugar and cinnamon mixture into the bottom of a greased 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Spread out 1 can of crescent rolls on a flat surface and pinch the seams together. Make sure you create a rectangle about 9x13 inches when you lay the crescent rolls out. When sealed, lay the crescent rolls on the bottom of the baking dish, on top of the sprinkled mixture.
- Spread the cheesecake mixture on top of the crescent rolls.
- Again, spread out 1 can of crescent rolls on a flat surface and pinch the seams together, keeping the rolls in a 9x13 inch rectangle shape. Lay this layer of crescent rolls on top of the cheesecake mixture.
- Sprinkle the remaining sugar and cinnamon mix on top. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown on top.
Serves wonderfully with a large cup of coffee or cold milk. Enjoy this impressive yet easy dessert dish!